We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team as a sales associate. Job duties include customer service and sales as well as helping maintain a beautiful and comfortable store environment for both customers and staff. We are looking for a minimum of 16 hours per week (2 days) to a maximum of 30 hours a week (4 days) with more hours possible throughout the year as needed. Weekend availability a must. While experience is always welcome, enthusiasm and interest are must! Our company policy is for employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Greeting customers warmly upon entering Artisans & agency.
- Assisting customers with product and helping them with any questions they might have.
- Learning about the inventory, artists and makers that are represented at Artisans & agency and being able to tell the story behind the work.
- Working together with staff to ensure that store is clean, well organized, properly stocked, and that products are beautifully displayed.
- Gift wrapping items and shipping out orders in a timely fashion and maintaining proper brand representation in doing so.
- Prepare for store for opening and closing.
- The ability to provide a warm welcome and comfortable environment to customers.
- Able to handle difficult customer situations gracefully.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well both one-one and as part of a team.
- The ability to learn from others, continue expand your skill set and receive feedback.
- Ability to problem solve, resolve or smooth issues in the moment with customers and when necessary effectively pass the issue up the appropriate chain of authority to be resolved quickly and successfully.
- Must pay strong attention to detail and have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage a variety of projects simultaneously, and be able to work in a busy environment.
- Must be available to work weekends (including evenings till 8:30pm on Friday and Saturday), holidays, and till 6:30pm closing on weekday afternoons.
- Basic computer skills—the more the better! Access to gmail for scheduling and google drive for sharing documents.
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule.
Benefits and pay based upon qualifications. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.